Programme | Erasmus+
Age | 18
Students | 15
Level | A1
Duration | 45 mins
Starting Day | Monday
A beautiful coastline, delicious food, and picturesque villages one after another… It’s no wonder the enthusiasm of «Corkonians» for their county is so high. The city of Cork is highly entertaining. This is where the famous photo of Queen Elizabeth laughing with a fishmonger at the English Market was taken. A visit to Cork is like a journey to a fairytale place; each village has a personality as unique as the one before. An excellent place to learn English! See more about Cork: https://www.purecork.ie/
It is a special programme of study at each level. The grading system enables students to move to a higher level when the first programme is completed. Reading and writing activities provide opportunities for pair and group work. Vocabulary, idioms and grammar are practised in interesting and stimulating ways to achieve fluency. The course has a cultural component to give students an insight into the Irish culture and the Irish way of life.
The school is located in the heart of Cork city, boasts a chic Georgian interior with excellent facilities to enhance the English learning experience.
This course offers upon request a variety of different types of accommodation:
Homestay accommodation is on a half board basis from Monday to Friday with breakfast and an evening meal and full board basis (light lunch) during the weekend. Houses are located in good residential areas of Cork and on a bus route. Students should expect an average of 40 minutes travelling time to the school.
– Single or twin room
– Sufficient bed linen to be warm
– Weekly change of bed linen
– Light laundry facilities
– Continental breakfast, evening meal. Light lunch is provided at weekends
These apartments (40 minutes walk or 10 minutes by bus from the school) are available from end of May to August.
– Each apartment has a fully fitted kitchen/living room all cooking utensils & appliances
– Bed linen is supplied
– Electricity and heating included
– Wifi access in all bedrooms
– Secure key card system for apartment and room entry
– Residential wardens, security patrols at night and CCTV
– Located on 2 bus routes to city centre
– Adjacent to shops, pharmacy, pubs, church & sports complex
– Fully stocked shop on the complex
– Nationality / gender mix are not guaranteed
– Residence management reserves the right to inspect the apartment at all times